A “Doctor’s Note” is apparently is the magic wand that opens all doors: time off work, motorized scooters, etc…
Please help us help you by providing details at your office visit:
Motorized scooter, lift chair, etc…
- If you want Medicare or other insurance to cover the cost, there’s paperwork!
- Visit Monroe Wheelchair, Fonte Surgical, Southside Apothecary or other vender and choose the item you want.
- Contact your insurance company about coverage, and the exact wording/format that must be used on “the note.”
- Complete all paperwork, bring it to your appointment for my signature (if appropriate).
Equipment recommended by a physical therapist, or other practitioner
- If your therapist recommends a TENS unit, electrical stimulator, or other device, there’s paperwork!
- The therapist/equipment rep will:
- provide the exact wording/format that must be used on “the letter of medical necessity”
- specify the device, instructions for use, name of the vendor, and any other details needed by the insurance company.
- Therapist/equipment rep faxes the details to our office for my signature (if appropriate): 585-730-6926
Time Off From Work
- Details about Time Off/Disability here.
- General Guidelines:
- Every patient is different; healing takes time. Gradually increase activity as you heal; use your symptoms as a guide.
- Talk with your employer. Can you return to light duty or reduced hours? If no light duty available, you will stay out of work/play until ready to return safely
- Drive when you are confident about controlling your car. DON’T drive if you can’t safely manage the wheel and pedals.
- Be ready to tell us what you need.
Light Duty Examples:
- Seated work with limited use of injured part
- No repetitive use or No overhead work
- Limited lifting/carrying_______pounds
- Limited standing/walking, No climbing/squatting
- Allow preferred parking
- Limit hours: ____________ or No overtime
- Allow use of elevator
- No contact sports
- Gym membership on hold
Typical Postop Healing Time: To help you plan for time off after surgery
- Click here for more info about postop healing time